1.Introduction to PHP
Before Move in to PHP tutorial you should have a basic understanding of the following:
What is PHP?
- Whenever we start to learn a new topic the first question we ask is What is?
- To answer this question is not simple as we think. Before answering the question What is PHP you have know some basic things.
The first thing is how websites work?
Two types of website is there. Static and Dynamic Website.
Static Website Means?
A static web page is a web page that is delivered to the user exactly as stored, in contrast to dynamic web pages which are generated by a web application. The data received by the client and the data stored in the server is same. When a user request the index.html or index.htm to the server, It immediately respond to the client directly.
Dynamic Website Means?
Now Come to the topic What is PHP?
- PHP is an open source general-purpose server-side scripting language originally designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web sites.
- PHP code is interpreted by a web server with a PHP Preprocessor module which generates the resulting HTML.
- PHP stands for : Hypertext Preprocessor but initially it was name Personal Home Page.
- PHP is free and Open Source.
- PHP is Platform Independent it almost work on all servers (IIS, Apache etc.,)
- It is the Power behind WordPress, Wikipedia, Joomla and even the user facing part of Facebook.
- It can be embedded in to HTML document rather than calling a external file to process.
- PHP supports Object oriented Programming Language.
- PHP supports many databases(MySQL,Oracle,ODBC,Post Gre SQL etc.,)
The PHP was Originally designed to develop a dynamic websites.